Game of the Week: Nation Ball
Recent blog posts
- Game of the Week: Land, Sea, Air
- Honoring a Great Youth Development Worker
- Game of the Week: Freeze Tag
- Field Day Games to Play
- Game of the Week: Ro Sham Bo Relay
- Schools Should Provide Students with 30+ Minutes of Physical Activity Each Day
- Playworks AmeriCorps Member Meets the President
- To Improve School Climate and Student Learning, Examine Recess
- Changing Behavior Changes More Than the Playground
- A Great Recess = a Better School Day, New Research Shows
One of our most and highest rated games in our online database is the game of the week. This dodgeball variation is active and allows players to move easily between different fun active roles of the game. The Game of the Week is Nation Ball!
- Review dodgeball safety rules, especially throwing only below the waist.
- Teach and fairly enforce a consequence for throwing above the waist.
- Explain the rules to players and ask them to explain the game back to you.
- This game is very similar to standard dodgeball.
- Players start spread out with each team on one side of the center line.
- Distribute the balls evenly between the teams.
- Upon the start signal everyone can begin throwing.
There are four ways to get “out”:
- If a player is hit below the waist.
- If s/he tries to catch the ball and drops it.
- If s/he throws the ball and someone on the other team catches it before it bounces.
- If a player goes out of bounds while trying to avoid being hit.
- When any of the above happens, that player must go out of bounds on the other team’s side.
- Players outside the boundaries must get the ball anytime it goes out of bounds on that side.
- They are still trying to get the opposite team’s players out.
- At any time, players can pass to their teammates, whether those teammates are in or out.
- The game ends when all players from one team are outside the boundaries.
- If a player outside the boundaries hits an opponent, s/he returns to her/his team inside the boundaries.
- Players can be placed outside the boundaries to start with.
- Limit the area where players can go once they get out i.e., only behind the end line.
Find more new and exciting games in our games database!