The Game of the Week: Over Under Relay
Recent blog posts
- Game of the Week: Land, Sea, Air
- Honoring a Great Youth Development Worker
- Game of the Week: Freeze Tag
- Field Day Games to Play
- Game of the Week: Ro Sham Bo Relay
- Schools Should Provide Students with 30+ Minutes of Physical Activity Each Day
- Playworks AmeriCorps Member Meets the President
- To Improve School Climate and Student Learning, Examine Recess
- Changing Behavior Changes More Than the Playground
- A Great Recess = a Better School Day, New Research Shows
Without much space, indoor games can be challenging. This fun game can be played with medium to large groups in aisles and hallways. The Game of the Week is Over Under Relay.
Before You Start:
- Have players line up behind each other in groups of eight to ten, spreading out one arm’s length distance apart.
- Demonstrate how to pass the ball over someone’s head then under someone’s legs.
- Give the person in front of the line a ball.
- Designate a start and finish line.
How To Play:
- The object of the game is for the group to pass back the ball either over their head or under their legs, alternating methods with each person (first person passes over their head, second person passes under their legs, third person over their head and so on).
- When the last person in line gets the ball, he or she runs/skips/jumps/etc. to the front of the line and starts passing the ball back again.
- Play until everyone reaches a finishing point (the line should have moved up with each new start) or until a specific number of turns.
- Have players shut their eyes while they are passing and receiving the ball.
- Play with a basketball where the players must take (or make!) a shot at a basket before returning to the front of the line.
- Add dribbling challenges such as left/right hand only or pivoting before passing the ball back.
- Play with a soccer ball and add similar challenges.
Find more new and exciting games in our games database!