This game is great to help develop verbal communication and teamwork.
Group Size: Large group (10 and up)
Age Group: Good for all ages
Equipment: Kickball, Cones (to create bases)
Before You Start:
- This game can be played on a regular kickball field or by using four cones for bases in a large area.
- Bases should be large enough to fit multiple players.
- Remind players to play in a position and to call the ball.
- Encourage passing the ball.
- Remind students to tag softly with the ball.
How to Play:
- The object of the game is to kick the ball, run the bases, and touch home without getting out and have your team score as many points as possible.
- Divide the group into two teams.
- There are no foul balls.
- Players can kick the ball backwards only if there is a backstop or wall behind home plate.
- There can be more than one runner on a base at any time.
- Runners may choose to stay on one base if it is unsafe to run.
- Runners can pass each other at any time.
- Runners must return to the previous base if the pitcher has the ball before they are half-way to the next base.
- Runners can get out when their fly ball is caught before it bounces or if they are tagged while not on a base.
- Teams switch after one time through the kicking rotation.
Notes: This version of kickball works well because it allows the advanced players to run fast through the bases and it allows beginners to take their time and learn the game.