This isn't the wall ball you may remember. This fun, fast-paced game is similar to racquet ball. All you need is two players, a wall, a bouncy ball and your hands. A great rotational game for playgrounds, the game of the week is Wall Ball!
- Demonstrate how to hit the ball against the wall.
- Choose players to help demonstrate game.
- As they play, point out various rules and directions.
- Ask the players to explain the boundaries and how to hit the ball.
- The game begins when one player serves the ball by hitting the ball towards the wall.
- The ball must bounce one time on the ground before it reaches the wall.
- The receiving player must let the ball hit the wall and bounce once before returning it.
- The player can then return the ball by hitting it and reaching the wall in one bounce off the ground.
Play continues until the ball:
- Bounces on a line or outside the boundaries.
- Hits the wall without bouncing off the ground.
- Bounces twice before it is returned.
- Is not allowed to bounce.
- When a player stops the play, s/he goes to the end of the line and a new player comes into the game.
- The remaining player is the server and begins the next game.
- For lower skilled players, allow them to catch and return the ball.
- After play has advanced past this basic game, players can add special rules. For example, instead of requiring one bounce before returning the ball, a player could allow returns before the ball bounces as well as on a single bounce.
Find more new and exciting games in our games database!