When working to build community, games can bring fun and exciting challenges to a team. This week's game uses an exciting story and team problem solving. The Game of the Week is Toxic Waste Dump.
Group Size: Large group (10 or more)
Equipment Needed: Potato sacks, cardboard, carpet squares or anything that players can easily stand on and carry.
Before You Start:
- Divide players into two teams.
- Each team receives an equal number of potato sacks, one less than the number of people in the group.
- Brainstorm strategies and give examples if needed.
- Make sure the teams have all their supplies and can repeat the rules.
How To Play:
- The object of the game is to get all team members from one side of town to the other without touching the toxic sludge.
- Players can only be in the toxic zone if they are standing on a potato sack.
- If players step off the potato sack and into the toxic sludge, they must return back to the other side of town.
- If a potato sack is placed into the toxic sludge without being constantly touched by a player, it is lost and the whole team must return back to the other side of town.
- Each team should come up with a strategy on how to get all of their teammates across safely.
- Everyone everyone work together to race against a clock (instead of placing on teams.) Inform them that their side of town is going to explode in ten minutes and they must have everyone across by that time.
- Choose the amount of potato sacks based on the experience level of the group. Less potato sacks makes the game harder.
- Have players figure out their plan before they start and then remain silent during the game.
- Randomly blindfold or silence a few members of the group.
- Rename the game and tell a different story with the same goals, such as Alligator Swamp.
Find more new and exciting games in our games library!