Remember the day when the kids learned to repeat your every word? A game–where one repeat after whomever until they get so annoyed they yell–can be very fun for young ones (and quite the learning experience!) Here we take that mental energy and mold it into physical energy. No, it's not Follow the Leader, the Game of the Week is Shadow, Shadow!
Group Size: Any size
Before You Start:
- Demonstrate how to move and how to be a shadow.
- Choose a volunteer to help you.
- Exaggerate and make funny movements to add more fun to the game.
- Designate a signal to begin moving and to stop moving.
- Emphasize the importance of awareness, to avoid contact with your partner and with others.
How To Play:
- The object is to continuously follow a partner without running into him/her.
- Identify what type of movement is possible (walking, fast walking, running, etc).
- Begin moving around the play area.
- Stop moving.
- Change roles after one minute so both sides have the chance to lead.
- Add various movements: skipping, hopping, leaping, crawling, etc.
Find more new and exciting games in our games library!