For Back to School, we are sharing games that develop school readiness skills. This week's game is great for teaching preschoolers sound and letter recognition and taking turns. The Game of the Week is Going on a Picnic!
Group Size: Any size
Before You Start:
- Have the whole group seated in circle.
- Give an example of a food that begins with the same letters of your first name.
How To Play:
- Explain to the group that they are all going on a picnic together and are all responsible for bringing a food item.
- Each person is to bring a food that begins with the first letter of their first name.
- Ask for a volunteer to go first. They are to say their name and what they are bringing to the picnic.
- The next person, first introduces the person (and the person’s food choice) who just went then her/himself and her/his food.
- The third person to go introduces the first two people and then himself and so on until everyone has gone.
Find more new and exciting games in our games library!
Love implementing Game of the Week? Playworks Trainers are equipped with oodles of tools and tips to help you get a recess and play program going today. Check out our professional development programs and bring Playworks to your school or afterschool program.