This game is great to develop creativity, cognitive development, application of classroom learning, and following directions.
Before You Start:
- Explain to the students that you are going on a journey…AROUND THE WORLD!! And you all can go anywhere in the whole wide world that you want.
- Remind the students to stay on their spots & listen to the directions or some consequence will be given (jumping jacks, sitting out for the next destination, etc).
- Set out a spot or cone for each child. Can be done indoors or outdoors.
How to Play:
- Choose one student to pick the first destination (e.g. China), then ask another student to choose the mode of transportation you will use to get there (e.g. swimming). Have all the students act out the mode of transportation on their spots for a few seconds before reaching your destination.
- Once you decide you have arrived, ask a few of the students what you can see/do while there and act those out accordingly (e.g. see some Pandas in China, go to the beach in Mexico, run away from cheetahs that are chasing you in Africa, hide from mummies in the Great Pyramids, etc).
- Make sure every child has an opportunity to provide some input into the journey and let this be as student-driven as possible. Can be as short or as long as you have time for or they remain engaged.