Who Stole the Cookies?
No equipment needed
Combining physical and verbal skills to enhance awareness. Learn each otherâs names
Before You Start
Skills Practiced: Rolling and catching, memory, verbal communication
- Practice rolling the ball to players and sitting down after they rolled
- Practice singing one round of the song
Have the children stand in a circle.
How to Play
The Song —
Class: Who stole the cookies from the cookie jar? Coach ___ stole the cookies from the cookie jar!
Coach: Who me?
Class: Yes you!
Coach: Couldn’t be!
Class: Then who?
- The coach will then roll the ball to a student in the circle (saying his or her name) and sit down.
- After the coach has said the child’s name…
- Class: ______ stole the cookies from the cookie jar!
- …and repeat as above.
- Continue to roll the ball to everyone in the group and repeat the song for each person.