To develop listening and motor skills
Before You Start
Skills Practiced: Catching and throwing.
- Ask them to make a big circle, with some space between the people next to them.
- Play starts in the middle with the ball.
How to Play
- Explain that the thrower in the middle will go around the circle tossing the ball to each person saying “Push” or “Catch”
- If the thrower says “Push” the person that the ball is thrown to needs to catch it.
- If the thrower says “Catch” the person that the ball is thrown to needs to push it back.
- If they do the correct motion to the command they remain in the game, if they do the wrong action the sit until the next round.
- Next round starts once there is one person left standing
- The game can be played were the thrower can go in any order and can also incorporate snake eyes/faking out the students in the circle.
- This game can be used for various league practices like volleyball but instead of saying “push” or “catch”, you say “bump” or “volley”.