To develop evasion skills and strategy.
Before You Start
- Demonstrate safe tagging:
- Light touch, like a butterfly wings, on back or shoulder
- Unsafe tags: hard contact that might cause the person being tagged to fall
- Review the lines on the ground
- Explain the signal when the game will start and end
- Designate a start place for tagger(s)
Designate a safe playing area large enough to run in with connected lines on the ground (use gym if available)
How to Play
- Select one or two player(s) depending on the group and area size to be the tagger or “pac person/people”
- The object is to avoid being tagged by a pac person by walking/running ONLY along the lines on the ground.
- A pac person can also only move along the lines on the ground
- A runner may not jump from line to line (i.e. on a basketball court, players may not jump from top of the key to the free throw line, etc.)
- If a someone is tagged, they sit down on the line where they were tagged and become a barrier. No runners may pass a sitting person, but a pac person can pass.
- The game continues until there is only one or two players left or until all others have been tagged.
- Modify how they can move along the lines, such as tip toeing.
- Allow players sitting to be additional sitting taggers and switch places with a running player if they tag them while sitting.
- Have tagged people become taggers and play until everyone is a pac person.
- Add additional pac people to make the game more difficult.