Off the Ground Tag
Large Group (10 and up)
Under 10 minutes
Before You Start
- Designate a large playing area
- Demonstrate safe tagging:
- Light touch, like butterfly wings on the shoulder
- Unsafe tags: hard contact that might cause the person being tagged to fall
- Demonstrate what is considered “off the ground”
How to Play
- Designate a chaser.
- During the game the chaser cannot tag another player if he or she is not on the ground (such as standing on a bench or curb).
- A tagged player then joins the chaser until there are a few players left
Players are safe if they are standing on a designated surface such as painted lines or anything green.