Dog Chases It’s Tail
To develop communication, cooperation and teamwork.
Before You Start
Skills Practiced: Agility and body awareness.
Equipment Needed: One bandana.
- Have players line up holding on to the waist of the person in front of them. (For their safety, Do Not allow players to hook fingers through belts or belt loops).
- Remind players to speed walk (not run).
- Have the last player in line tuck a bandana in his or her pocket so that it hangs down like a tail.
Set up a clearly designated play area.
How to Play
- When the leader tells the players to begin, the front of the line will chase the end of the line, attempting to grab the bandana.
- Players in the middle can help or hinder the head or tail, depending on their whims, but should attempt to stay connected at all times. If the line breaks, the player who let go must step out, shortening the line.
Set up multiple lines of players, creating two dogs that can chase each other’s tails.