All Tangled Up
10 minutes or more
To develop verbal communication, cooperation, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
Before You Start
- Divide everyone into small groups of up to twelve and have them form a tight circle.
How to Play
- The players take one hand and grab the hand of anyone in the group except the people standing next to them.
- The players take their other hand and grab the hand of anyone in the group except the people standing next to them and the person they are already holding hands with.
- The challenge is to get untangled without letting go of each other’s hands.
- Emphasize that getting untangled requires a lot of communication and cooperation.
- Make the groups larger.
- Add restrictions to their communication methods.