Large Group (10 and up)
Under 10 minutes
To develop social comfort and strategic thinking
Before You Start
Skills Practiced: Throwing and following directions
- Make sure the students understand the object of the game is to not have the ball
- Students understand that only the Tornado spins, and that they must pass the ball to the student next to them.
How to Play
- Students make one big circle.
- A single student begins in the middle as the Tornado.
- The class passes the ball around the circle while the Tornado in the middle spins around 10 times.
- When the Tornado stops, whoever has the ball becomes the next Tornado.
- Allow students to alter the direction of the ball, have more than one ball going at the same time, or alter the number of spins.
- May work with kindergarteners later in the year.