Toe Touch Tag
Large Group (10 and up)
10 minutes or more
To develop hand-eye coordination, accuracy, teamwork, cooperation, verbal communication and strategic thinking
Before You Start
- Divide players into two teams
- Make sure all players understand all rules and know where the boundaries are located
- Demonstrate how to safely slide the bean bag to get your opponent out
Divide the playing field in half and designate two small “zones” on both sides.
How to Play
- Each team tries to slide their bean bags to the other team’s side, attempting to hit an opponent’s foot.
- If you are hit in the foot with a bean bag, you go to the zone on your opponent’s side
- Teammates can free each other by sliding a bean bag into the zone where their teammates stand
- Allow players to block your opponent from getting a bean bag into the zone with your hands, but you may not sit down to block
- If you do not have a surface where the bean bag can slide easily, players can lightly toss the bean bag underhand. Players would then go to the zone if they were hit from the knee down. Also place a crate/basket next to the zone for players to toss the bean bags in order to free their teammates.