To develop creative thinking and social skills.
Before You Start
- Demonstrate how to move and how to be a shadow.
- Choose a volunteer to help you.
- Exaggerate and make funny movements to add more fun to the game.
- Designate a signal to begin moving and to stop moving.
- Emphasize the importance of awareness, to avoid contact with your partner and with others.
How to Play
- The object is to continuously follow a partner without running into him/her.
- Identify what type of movement is possible (walking, fast walking, running, etc).
Designate signals for the pairs to:
- Begin moving around the play area.
- Stop moving.
- Change roles after one minute so both sides have the chance to lead.
- Add various movements: skipping, hopping, leaping, crawling, etc.