Relay Lock Race
Large Group (10 and up)
10 minutes or more
To develop cooperation, teamwork, and eye-foot coordination
Before You Start
Divide students into groups of 5-8 and line them up on the far end of the area.
To be played in large, open area
How to Play
- The first two players in each line stand back-to-back and interlock both arms.
- Without letting go, both players must make their way to the opposite end of the playing area and back as fast as they can.
- Once the first two get back to line, the next two in line must go in the same manner.
- The game runs continuously until the adult stops it, so there are no winners or losers.
- Place obstacles to make the challenge more difficult.
- Start everyone at the same place and time so that it is a race instead of a relay (for a field day event).