Under 10 minutes
Before You Start
- Create teams of two.
- Explain the rules of play.
- Demonstrate how to safely slide the bean bags.
Using tape or chalk create a shuffle board about six feet long with three lines at three feet, four feet and five feet. Mark the point values in each space.
How to Play
- Each team gets four bean bags (or similar object, such as a small frisbee).
- Teams use Rock Paper Scissor to determine who will slide their bean bags first.
- Players may place their bean bag behind the start line and slide it across the board one at a time.
- The goal is to get all your teams bean bags into the zones with the higher points.
- Once everyone has slide their bean bags, each team tallies their points.
- Players can hit any bean bag on the board when it is their turn.
- A bean bag does not have to be fully inside a zone to get those points. If it is in two zones, pick the zone it is in more or rock paper scissors to determine the zone.
- Bean bags that slide out of the board completely are worth zero points.
- After the points are tallied, team with more points stays. The first two in line form a new team and play. If one team wins three in a row, they must go to the end of the line and two new teams play.
- This game can also be played indoors with tape on the floor or a long table.
- Have a marker and piece of paper or white board on hand for tallying points.