My DVD Player
To develop students’ ability to listen to directions
Before You Start
Skills Learned: Running, following directions, reflexes and awareness
- Have students repeat back what action goes with each command.
A rectangle of boundaries
How to Play
- The person calling the game may call any command found on a remote control
- Play – Students begin walking towards finish line.
- FF – Students run to finish line.
- Rewind – Students move backwards.
- Pause – Students freeze.
- Slow Motion – Students move super slowly.
- Power off – Students crouch down like an egg.
- Power on – Students stand up.
- Students must react to the commands called.
- The goal is to make it all the way to the finish line.
- When a student makes a mistake s/he must do 10 jumping jacks, or another short activity, to re-enter the game.
- For younger grades start with just two or three commands and add new ones as they master the original commands.
- Students who make a mistake:
- Join the leader on the sideline as judges
- Remain in the game but must go back to the starting line.