Large Group (10 and up)
10 minutes or more
To develop an understanding of moving a ball towards a goal and teamwork.
Skills Practiced: Passing, shooting and following directions.
Before You Start
- Make sure everyone knows where the playing area, boundary lines and team’s goals are.
- Review the soccer concepts you want to teach throughout the game, such as positions on the field and/or passing to teammates.
- Explain the rules of the game and ask players to explain the game back to you.
- Demonstrate how to use your arms and hands, instead of your feet, for the game.
- Emphasize safety and keeping your head up to avoid running into other players.
You will need one ball, four cones and enough jerseys for one team. Mark each goal with two cones.
How to Play
- The same soccer rules apply except you can only use your arms and hands to hit and pass the ball.
- Players cannot use their feet or pick up the ball.
- Add more than one ball to the game for more involvement, after the game is successful.
- Pre-K/K/1st: Modify to do a relay race or steal the bacon format for safety.