Large Group (10 and up)
10 minutes or more
To develop problem-solving, teamwork, eye-foot coordination, and communication
Before You Start
Equipment Needed: 25 sequentially numbered paper plates (or other number markers) and chalk or tape to mark off the playing area.
- Allow teams a few minutes to strategize after the rules are explained.
Make a 4×6 (approx.) rectangle with tape or chalk. Place the 25 numbered plates randomly inside.
How to Play
- Divide group into teams (groups of 5-7 work best).
- Each group has to touch the plates in order from 1-25 as fast as they can. The coach will keep track of the total time of each attempt.
- Five second penalties are given each time two people are inside of the rectangle at the same time and when a plate is touched out of order.
- Have each team set a goal time. Time each attempt, alternating between teams, but allow time to give each team 2-3 attempts. Allow shorter times to strategize between each attempt.