Under 10 minutes
To develop teamwork, hand-eye coordination, and depth perception.
Before You Start
- Have players line up behind the cone, facing the basketball hoop.
Can be played outside or in a gym. Set up a cone at about half court on a basketball court. Scatter the polyspots all around in front of the basketball hoop.
How to Play
- One player at a time dribbles to a polyspot to stand on and shoot the ball.
- If the player makes the shot, they pick up the polyspot and retrieves the ball. They bring the polyspot back to the line, place the spot in a pile next to the cone and pass the ball to the next player standing in line, who then dribbles to their own spot to shoot from.
- If the player misses the shot they gets the ball and passes it to the next player in line.
- Play continues in this manner until all of the spots are claimed.
- Players may then spread out the spots and play again.
- Create two to three teams who must try making baskets at the same time.
- Allow players to take a second shot if they miss.
- This game can be modified to most any sport, such as soccer--shoot from a spot into the soccer goal--and volleyball--serve the ball over the net from a spot.