To develop listening skills.
Before You Start
Skills Practiced: Hopping, jumping, skipping, running and balance
- Demonstrate how to avoid contact with each other.
- Everyone should be able to repeat all rules and signals.
- Spread the group out to avoid contact and collisions.
Use boundaries to create an appropriate size play area.
How to Play
- Everyone must stay inside the boundaries
- On 1st signal: players begin hopping (skipping, jumping, etc)
- On 2nd signal: everyone must freeze in a balanced position (on one foot, one foot and one hand, or whichever position)
- Repeat several times; add new signals and action players must use (such as galloping).
- Play the game while balancing a beanbag on the players’ heads.
- Have them go while holding hands with a partner and give added balancing challenges.