Going on a Picnic
10 minutes or more
To learn everyone’s name, memorization, sound and letter recognition, and to practice spelling
Before You Start
- Have the whole group seated in circle.
- Give an example of a food that begins with the same letters of your first name.
How to Play
- Explain to the group that they are all going on a picnic together and are all responsible for bringing a food item.
- Each person is to bring a food that begins with the first letter of their first name.
- Ask for a volunteer to go first. They are to say their name and what they are bringing to the picnic.
- The next person, first introduces the person (and the person’s food choice) who just went then her/himself and her/his food.
- The third person to go introduces the first two people and then himself and so on until everyone has gone.