Four Square Switch
To develop verbal communication, conflict resolution, and eye-hand coordination
Before You Start
- Designate a place for the line to start.
- Explain the rules of the game.
- Run a practice round.
- Check that everyone understand.
Same setup as standard four square.
How to Play
- Play starts with a serve from player in square number 4 (or letter A).
- After the ball bounces in a square but before the player hits it, they can call out another number (1-4) or letter (A, B, C, or D) to switch with.
- These two players must switch squares.
- After switching the players must play any ball in their new square.
- The same rules apply as standard four square; if players don’t continue the play of the ball they go to the end of the line.
- Restrict how many switches can occur in a round (1 per student, 5 per round).