- This game can be played on a regular kickball field or by using four cones for bases in a large area.
- Bases should be large enough to fit multiple players.
- Remind players to play in a position and to call the ball.
- Encourage passing the ball.
- Remind students to tag softly with the ball.
- Divide the group into two teams.
- There are no foul balls.
- Players can kick the ball backwards only if there is a backstop or wall behind home plate.
- There can be more than one runner on a base at any time.
- Runners may choose to stay on one base if it is unsafe to run.
- Runners can pass each other at any time.
- Runners must return to the previous base if the pitcher has the ball before they are half-way to the next base.
- Runners can get out when their fly ball is caught before it bounces or if they are tagged while not on a base.
- Teams switch after one time through the kicking rotation.
Notes: This version of kickball works well because it allows the advanced players to run fast through the bases and it allows beginners to take their time and learn the game.
To develop verbal communication and teamwork.