Under 10 minutes
To develop cooperation and teamwork.
Skills Practiced: Running, passing and receiving.
Before You Start
- Have everyone line up behind each other in groups of six to ten, spreading out one arm’s length apart.
- Demonstrate how to pass the ball over someone’s head then under someone’s legs.
- Give the person in front of the line a ball.
Designate a start and finish line. You will need one medium size ball (of any variety) per group of six to ten.
How to Play
- Each line passes back the ball either over their head or under their legs, alternating methods with each person (first person passes over their head, second person passes under their legs, third person over their head and so on) as quickly as possible.
- Have students shut their eyes while they are passing and receiving the ball.
- Over Under Kickball in which the outfield must complete one over under instead of tagging the runner.
- Over Under Relay in which teams attempt to move forward by running from the back of the line to the front each time.
- Play with a basketball where the players must take (or make!) a shot at a basket before returning to the front of the line.
- Add dribbling challenges such as left/right hand only or pivoting before passing the ball back.
- Play with a soccer ball and add similar challenges.