Under 10 minutes
To develop leadership, cooperation, teamwork, verbal communication, eye-foot coordination and strategic and creative thinking.
Skills Practiced: Balance, agility and endurance.
Before You Start
- Split the group into teams of five to six.
- Give each team one regular jump rope and one double dutch jump rope.
- Assign each group a jump area, giving enough space for all teams to jump.
Find an open area safe for jumping.
How to Play
- Each team will have 30 seconds to get as many jumps completed as possible, and everyone must jump at least once.
- After each round, encourage the teams to huddle up and discuss new strategies so they can get more jumps.
- Give the teams more or less jump ropes.
- Make a suggestion to tie the ropes together and have more than one person jump at the same time.