C’mon In and Sit Down
Large Group (10 and up)
10 minutes or more
To build teamwork and cooperation.
Before You Start
- Have players form a circle, holding hands.
- Players let go hands and make a quarter turn to the right so that everyone’s left shoulder is pointing to the middle of the circle and their eyes are on the back of the person in front of them.
- Have the group take a couple side-steps towards the center of the circle so that everyone is nice and snug.
- Make sure everyone is standing close together and listening for the count of three.
How to Play
- Once everyone is in position, the leader explains that on the count of three everyone should sit down on the knees of the person behind them.
- If it is successful, everyone should be sitting comfortably on someone else’s knees.
For older kids, try walking together if the circle is tight. As the challenge gets easier, add more people to the circle and ask the children if they have any ideas to make it more difficult.