10 minutes or more
To develop communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
Before You Start
- Help the group pick a representative who will be the only one who can ask the three questions allowed during the game.
- Have your group begin in a straight line, blindfold them and lay a rope out by their feet.
- Make sure everyone understands the game and its rules.
Gather enough ropes for each group to have one long enough for every person to hold on to with two hands and blindfolds for each person.
How to Play
- On your signal everyone picks up the rope at their feet.
- Hands must remain on the rope; they may not let go of the rope for more than two seconds.
- Instruct the group to form a shape (square, triangle, circle, etc).
- Through their representative, players may ask the leader three questions during the game.
- The leader will repeat the question so that everyone can hear and then give the answer.
- When the group feels they have completed the task have them drop the rope at their feet and take a step back.
- Ask the group if they think they have successfully made their shape.
- After you get all of their answers, have them remove their blindfolds.
- For more advanced groups place the rope bunched up about ten feet away from the group and have them find the rope first, then form their shape.
- Give the group a time limit.