Practice teamwork and communication in this fun game of strategy and balance! Students will work together to change positions without knocking any of their teammates off of the line.
Ants on a Log
Practice teamwork and communication.
Before You Start
Have everyone stand on a line in a specific order.
Identify a line on the ground to play on.
How to Play
- The object of the game is to get the whole group to switch positions on the line without falling off the line.
- At the end of the game, the order of the players should remain exactly how it was before, only in reverse. That means that the player who started on the left end of the line ended on the right end of the line.
To add a challenge:
- Vary the distance from the ground (hint: a balance beam makes this game especially challenging).
- Split the players into two groups. One group should be standing on the line facing the other group. The object is to have the two groups switch places while staying in the same order.
To make the game accessible to all students:
- Vary the width of the line (hint: a wider line is easier).
- Number the players to help them remember the order.