Conquer 26.2 miles, the Charity Challenge, or a family-friendly 5K. Transform 500,000 lives.
Kids need to play, and we need your help. Join Team Playworks and run the 2019 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon or LA BIG 5K to help transform the lives of children in your community.
Playworks is once again thrilled to be an official charity for the 2019 Los Angeles Marathon and LA BIG 5K! Over the past two years, our runners have collectively raised more than $45,000 to support our programs. We are currently accepting registrations and donations for our Playworks LA Marathon & 5K team with hopes that one day, every child in America will have access to safe, healthy play.
As a member of the team you will receive:
- The opportunity to adopt and run for one of our 86 Los Angeles County and Orange County elementary schools.
- One-on-one virtual session with Playworks SoCal Board Member and UltraRunner Jared Blank to customize training programs. Jared is a certified run coach and group fitness instructor.
- Create your fundraising page here, raise a minimum of $200 by January 28, 2019, and Playworks will pre-pay the registration fee.
- Fundraising support throughout the campaign.
- Special team dinner, happy hour events, and post-race brunch.
- Limited edition team shirt, Playworks swag, and additional incentives. Reach your fundraising goal by January 1 for a water bottle.
- Names of team members who raise $1,000 by November 30, 2018 will be printed on the back of team shirt.
- Fundraise or donate $1,000 or more to be entered in a raffle to win your choice of a Play Day, Corporate Recess, or a subscription to PlayworksU Foundations.
- The chance to cross the finish line of the most historic marathon in history and to receive a finisher’s medal with Team Playworks cheering you on.
- Recruit a friend to run with you and get a Playworks popsocket.
As a member of the team you are expected to:
- Make a fundraising commitment of $1,000 or more if you register for the marathon race (26.2 miles from Dodgers Stadium to Santa Monica)
- Make a fundraising commitment of $800 or more if you register for the Charity Challenge Race (second section of marathon course)
- Make a fundraising commitment of $350 or more if you register for the LA BIG 5K Race (3.1 miles begins/ends at Dodgers Stadium)
- Create and share a personalized fundraising page
- Be at least 16 years or older (on race day) if you are running the marathon or Charity Challenge. The family-friendly 5K is open to participants of all ages and abilities, including runners, walkers, and strollers
- Comply with the Los Angeles Marathon Event Rules and all Official Charity Program regulations and deadlines
- Start with the official start and complete the course in six and a half hours (6:30:59) if you are running the marathon
- Be an ambassador of play!
To join the Playworks “Race for Recess!” Team for the 2019 Skechers Performance Los Angeles Marathon, Charity Challenge or LA BIG 5K, begin by registering to fundraise with us below. Playworks will be in touch with next steps. W
If you have any questions please contact Myra Petgrave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Myra Petgrave at Myra.Petgrave@playworks.org