What are Playworks’ Safe Return to Play Protocols for the 2020-21 school year?
Our goal is to continue to provide opportunities for kids to play every day. We have been listening to the needs of our partner schools and are collaborating with them to determine what kind of support they need; whether that experience will be in person, online, or a hybrid; and what safety precautions are being taken to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
To partner with schools, and as an employer caring deeply about our staff, we have established the following standards for in-person services this school year:
- Our teams will be following CDC guidelines. We expect all children and adults to wear masks, wash hands frequently, and follow social distancing guidelines for in-person services, activities, or engagements.
- If state or local requirements are more stringent than CDC guidelines, the strictest requirements will be followed.
- We have requested and expect for school partners to follow CDC guidelines in a similar way and to have their staff take precautions to promote the health and safety of every child and adult.
- If a partner school is requesting or suggesting following fewer precautions than Playworks’ standards, we commit to evaluating those requests on a case-by-case basis.
- We have established reporting protocols internally so that every Playworks staff member is supported in their experiences returning to school.
We are also offering all of our services virtually and welcome the opportunity to work with school partners to develop the virtual or hybrid solution that fits their needs.
Who do I contact if I’d like to get in touch with Playworks?
Read Playworks’ COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for how we are ensuring our staff remain safe and healthy.