Playworks’ proposal for 100&Change, a global competition for a $100 million dollar grant to solve a seemingly intractable problem, ranked among the top 200 proposals. Across all categories, 1,904 organizations applied for 100&Change. Playworks was thrilled to be honored as one of the top ten proposals in the education category.
In December 2017, The MacArthur Foundation and the Foundation Center launched 100&Change Solutions Bank. The 100&Change Solutions Bank features proposals submitted for 100&Change. Through the Bank, the MacArthur Foundation and the Foundation Center aim to bring more visibility to bold proposals aiming to solve critical social problems and help like-minded organizations collaborate.
Check out Playworks’ profile on 100&Change Solutions Bank
Explore the top ten 100&Change proposals in education:
- Playworks: Leveraging play to develop empathy and conflict resolution skills among young children
- Khan Academy: Developing internationally-recognized diplomas for worldwide education and job access
- The Sapling Foundation (TED Talks): Developing online short video lessons on non-traditional subjects to spark creativity and curiosity
- Leland Stanford Junior University and NextGenU.org: Providing free higher education to train health care workers
- ChildFund International: Ending child labor through education and economic support
- OneSky for all children: Building local capacity to provide early interventions to unlock the potential of at-risk children in Asia
- Gooru Inc: Designing free, virtual, interactive, and personalized STEM learning tools for middle and high school students
- Worldreader: Promoting literacy and reading through digitized books and online tools
- LFA International Inc.: Creating a global library of free e-books
- IBM Corporation: Increasing literacy through free smart phone-based personal learning programs
Why we think play can change the world:
Playworks is leveraging play to develop empathy and conflict resolution skills among children. Read excerpts from our proposal.