“Play is a human right,” said Jill Vialet, Playworks Founder and CEO.
As we prepare for students to head back to school, we’re thinking about all of the ways to make their days more playful. Your day should be playful too.
Five attention-getters to make managing groups easier:
- Match me – have everyone do the same action as yourself, such as touch their nose.
- If you hear my voice… – follow this statement with an action, such as clap twice.
- Rhythm clap – clap in a rhythm and have the participants repeat that same rhythm.
- Alligator, Alligator, Chomp, Chomp – you say alligator, alligator, the participants call back chomp, chomp while making a chomping motion with their arms.
- All set? You bet – you say all set? and participants call back you bet.
Four ways to spread positivity:
- Provide specific feedback, such as great throw, friend or I love how you’re trying your hardest!
- Silly fist bumps, such as the explosion or jelly fish, are fun and build rapport with between teammates.
- High fives are simple and contagious.
- Use fun claps for groups to appreciate others, such as the strong clap, woosh clap, and/or fireworks clap.
Three cheers to build team spirit: