You Can, Two Can Workout
No equipment needed
To develop listening skills.
Before You Start
- Have each participant bring in two canned goods to use and then donate.
- Have participants spread out with enough space to do some basic exercises.
Make sure you allow plenty of time for participants to bring in canned goods, about 2 per student. Talk with your school staff when planning this activity, and have lots of extra on hand for those who forget or cannot afford to bring their own.
How to Play
- Have participants hold one can in each hand while performing exercises such as: arm circles, arm curls, shadow boxing, bench press, butterflies, trunk twists, lat pulls, lunges, squats, etc.
- At the end of the period, collect all food items for donation.
- You can use this activity as an opportunity to talk to the participants about helping those in need; ask them how it made them feel to donate the items.