To develop students’ concentration, cooperation and eye-hand coordination skills.
Before You Start
- Have the group sit or stand in a circle
- Practice 5 jumping jacks (for younger ages)
- Practice passing the ball around the circle (for younger ages)
- Practice singing one round of the song
Decide on a space that is big enough for the entire class to form a circle.
How to Play
- Start passing the ball around the circle while singing the wonderball song:
- The Song:
The wonderball goes around and around,
to pass it quickly you are bound,
if you’re the one to hold it last,
you will owe 5 jumping jacks,
you are it!
- The child who is holding the ball when the song ends gets up and does 5 jumping jacks in the middle of the circle.
- Then pick the child who is sitting the quietest to start the next round.
- You should move around the circle with the ball to make sure it gets around, a lot of kids will try to hold the ball so they will be last or won’t be able to hold the ball