No equipment needed
To develop strategic thinking and non-verbal communication.
Before You Start
- You will need chairs (enough for 1/2 number of players plus one extra)
- Demonstrate safe tagging:
- Light touch, like butterfly wings on the shoulder
- Unsafe Tags: hard contact that might cause the person being tagged to fall
- Demonstrate how to stand behind the chair with your head down and hands behind your back
- Demonstrate how to sit in the chair
Make a circle with the chairs
How to Play
- Divide the group in half. Have one group sit in the chairs and the other group stand behind the chairs.
- There should be one chair with no one sitting in it but has a player standing behind it, they are the “winker”.
- The players standing behind the chairs should have their head down and hands behind their back.
- The players sitting should look at the winker and sit all the way back in their chair.
- If the winker winks at a sitting player they need to try and sneak away from their chair and make it to the empty chair without being tagged by the student behind them.
- If tagged, players switch positions (sitting player stands behind their original chair and standing player takes a seat) and the same winker tries again. If not tagged, the player standing behind the new empty chair becomes the winker.