Watch Your Back Tag
Large Group (10 and up)
To develop memorization skills
Before You Start
- Demonstrate safe tagging:
- Light touch, like a butterfly wings, on the shoulder
- Unsafe tags: hard contact that might cause the person being tagged to fall
- Review the boundaries and the consequence for going outside them, such as must get on one knee and assume the person who was just chasing tagged you
Designate a large play area with clear boundaries
How to Play
- The object of the game is to tag as many people as you can without getting tagged yourself
- If you do get tagged you take a mental picture of who tagged you and then drop one knee and freeze.
- When the individual who tagged you gets tagged you can get up and start tagging again.
- Players must be honest if you get tagged to stop and take a knee.
- Are people remembering who tagged them?
- You can make the play area smaller to make it more difficult.
- You can make the players skip, hop, act like their favorite animal while tagging and evading.