Large Group (10 and up)
10 minutes or more
To develop strategic thinking, memorization, and teamwork
Before You Start
Equipment Needed: Tape, chalk, cones, or jump ropes to make a tic-tac-toe board
- Remind the players about the importance of working together, but only answering when it is their turn.
- Show players how to represent “X” (Standing with both arms and legs extended wide) and “O” (arms raised above your head in a full circle).
Can be played inside or out. Make a tic-tac-toe board with tape, chalk, cones, or jump ropes.
How to Play
- Divide players into two teams, Team “X” and Team “O”.
- Take one volunteer from each team and ask a question related to something they are learning in class (math problems, spelling words, etc.). Whichever student answers correctly first gets to choose a square to stand in for their team.
- Choose a new volunteer for each team and repeat until one team has three in a row.
Also can play this game with bean bags. If they get a question right, they win the chance to throw a bean bag into a square. (Adds an element of physical with mental skills).