Small Group (1-10)
Less Than 10 minutes
To develop strategic thinking and verbal communication
Before You Start
- Divide players into groups of four with three of the four holding hands in a circle.
- Help players choose one of the three players holding hands to be the “runner”, the person to be tagged.
- Demonstrate safe tagging:
- Light touch, like a butterfly wings, on the shoulder.
- Unsafe tags: hard contact that might cause the person being tagged to fall.
Designate a clear playing area.
How to Play
- The player outside the circle is the “tagger”, trying to tag the runner.
- The other two players holding hands in the circle will help to protect the designated runner by moving the circle in different directions.
- The tagger cannot go inside the circle and s/he cannot lean on the arms of the people holding hands. Once the tagger has tagged the runner, the positions change.
- Keep an eye on the play and make sure groups are changing positions.
- Place a cone in the middle of the triangle and have players move around that cone.
- Tornado Tag: Have the two players who are protecting the runner keep their eyes closed.