Three Lines Soccer
10 minutes or more
To develop teamwork and communication.
Skills Practiced: Dribbling, kicking, trapping, shooting and passing.
Before You Start
- Explain the rules of the game and the basic rules of soccer.
- Ask the players to explain the rules of play back to you.
Place three cones along one sideline of a field, mark boundaries and create soccer goals with cones on either end.
How to Play
- Have everyone stand in three single-file lines, one behind each cone.
- The first player in each line steps onto the field and form a team of three.
- The second player in each line steps onto the other side of the field and form a team of three.
- One player from each team plays a game of Rock Paper Scissors to determine who will kick off.
- Other players in line wait their turn to play while cheering.
- The object of the game is to be the first team to score.
The following rules apply:
- When a point is scored, that team stays on the field and the next three in line step on the field as a team. This oncoming team gets to kick off the ball.
- The team that did not score returns to the end of their respective line.
- After a set time frame (such as two minutes) if a point is not scored, have players waiting in line count down from ten, nine, eight, etc.
- If a team wins three times in a row they have earned three claps and return to the end of the line.
- Players must pass the ball to every teammate before they score.
- Play with just one goal. Teams who steal the ball while on defense must pass the ball one or more times before they can shoot.