Under 10 minutes
To develop active listening capability.
Before You Start
- Make sure everyone know the four areas to run to.
- Review how to play ro-sham-bo (rock-paper-scissors).
- Play a practice round.
A four-square court or four cones forming a square and one additional cone in the middle.
How to Play
- Five players at a time. Each player occupies a corner or the middle.
- Play begins when the person in the middle says “Switch”.
- All players must find a new corner/cone to occupy. No player can go to the center cone.
- If two players arrive at the corner at the same time a quick rock-paper-scissors is played, winner stays.
- The next person in line, become the person in the middle and begins the next round.
- Use different shapes
- Add more areas the players can run to
- Use for different colored hula hoops. Have the player in the middle call out a color that signals the players to run/switch. The caller runs to the color which s/he called aloud. All other players have to switch hula hoops but may not run to the color that was called out.