This game is a fun, fast-paced memory game that can help us practice listening carefully to follow instructions.
To swap and remember a new action or word for each number in the game.
Decide on a playing order and make sure everyone knows who they follow.
How to Play
- Starting with the number 1, count up to 7 by having each person say one number. If there are fewer than 7 players, continue to go through the players again (as many times as necessary) to reach 7. If you have a larger group, feel free to add numbers as well.
- When you get to 7, stop counting. The next person in the order will come up with a new rule; a sound or action, to replace one of the numbers between 1 and 7.
- Ex. Instead of saying the number 3, make the sound of a cow; or instead of the number 5, do a jumping jack.
- When the group knows the new rule, the person next to the rule maker begins the counting again starting at 1.
- As the counting continues, make sure to remember to swap the number for the new rule.
- If someone forgets the sound or action for a number, everyone says “good job, nice try.” Have the group try again, starting over from 1.
- Each time you get to 7 without making a mistake, add another rule (each new rule is added to your current rules; it doesn’t replace rules already in place).
- Play until every number has been replaced.