Large Group (10 and up)
10 minutes or more
To develop awareness, creative thinking and social comfort
Before You Start
Skills Practiced: Spatial awareness
- Designate a large playing area that has places to hide
- Make sure students understand the rules, boundaries and the importance of safety
How to Play
- One player goes off to hide.
- The rest of the group counts (you can decide what number to count to) and then splits up and goes looking for the player who is hiding.
- When a player finds the hidden person, the player joins him or her in the hiding place.
- The game is over once everyone is cramped in one place.
- The first person to find the hidden player, become the hider in the next round.
Where Did it Go Style
- One person is designated as the person who is it and hides away from the group.
- The rest of the players stay at the designated “base” and sing “tell me where to go, tell me where to go…” for 15 seconds.
- The players then go and search for the person who is “it”.
- Whoever finds the “it” person yells “it went over here!” and all the players still looking must run back to base before being tagged by the ghost.
- Whoever was tagged becomes the next person to hide.