Play this fun group game to help develop cooperation and listening skills.
Large Group (10 and up)
To develop cooperation and listening to directions.
Before You Start
- Demonstrate safe tagging:
- Light touch, like butterfly wings on the shoulder
- Unsafe tags: hard contact that might cause the person being tagged to fall
- Review how to give a double high-5
- Select two players to be ‘it’
Open area with boundaries.
How to Play
- To begin, the players spread out within the open area, and the leader designates what movement everyone should be using (i.e. running, skipping, hopping, walking, etc.).
- If a player gets tagged, s/he immediately becomes a mannequin.
- To bring a mannequin back to life, another player must give the mannequin a double high-5.
- Neither player may be tagged while bringing a mannequin back to life and taggers cannot stand around waiting for them to finish.
- The leader should switch taggers and styles of movement.
- Tunnel Tag: When a player gets tagged, s/he freezes with their legs spread shoulder-width apart on the ground. To ‘unfreeze’ a player, another player must crawl through the player’s legs from the front.
- To unfreeze a player, another player must shake hands with the frozen player and both must share their favorite cartoon, favorite food, what they want to be when they grow up, etc.