Knots on a Rope
10 minutes or more
To develop problem-solving, leadership, cooperation, teamwork and strategic thinking skills.
Before You Start
- Tie several evenly spaced knots into the rope(s).
- Have the players grasp the rope between knots with one hand, spacing themselves evenly.
How to Play
- The object of the game is to get the knots out of the rope, without ever moving or taking the one hand off of the rope.
- Players cannot switch hands.
- After a group has succeeded at the activity, give them a time limit, increase the number of knots, or make the knots more complicated to untangle.
- Blindfold a few members of the group (to enhance verbal communication and teamwork).