No equipment needed
Under 10 minutes
To develop gross motor skills and memorization skills
Before You Start
Skills Practiced: balance, jumping, letter and number recognition
- Using construction paper, cut out shapes (triangles, circles or squares) and draw letters and/or numbers on them
- Lay them out all over the floor.
- Make sure they are taped down so they do not slip when a child jumps onto them.
How to Play
- Have child begin at one end of the room and see if he/she can jump from shape to shape (square to square, circle to circle).
- Before the child jumps on the next shape have him/her identify the letter or number he/she is planning to jump to.
- Teacher or parent does the jumping while child is the letter/number caller.
- Activity can be done with colors, animals, etc.