Hula Hoop Foursquare
Under 10 minutes
To develop coordination.
Before You Start
- Demonstrate how to hula hoop.
- Have one player stand at each hula hoop and the rest of the group stand in line outside the playing space.
- Review the rules of the game.
- Have players repeat the rules back to you.
Place four hula hoops in a square. This works well on a four square court with one in each square.
How to Play
- Every player may begin hula hooping when the first person in line gives the magic word, such as Hoop!
- All players continue hooping as long as they can.
- If a player drops their hoop, that player leaves the hula hoop on the ground and goes to the end of the line.
- The first player in line, goes into the empty spot and play begins again.
- After the magic word, players count twenty or sign a short song. At the end, all players rotate spaces as in standard foursquare.
- Players who have not dropped the hula hoop must continue hooping while the new player enters the game.
- A player who stays in for three consecutive rounds gets a round of applause from the group then must go to the end of the line.
- Allow players to hula hoop around their arm, knees, neck or other parts of the body.